Monday, April 23, 2012

Golden Grid - first draft

Before doing any design, I create a 'pre-design', which consists of different compositions of rectangles which have ratio aspects of the golden ratio. So I started thinking that it would be nice to have a standard one that I can simply place over the work area and it is ready to work on.

By the way, using the Golden Ratio helps one to create a well balanced design. I use it in all my work, from logos to websites. It can be placed on the borders of the work-area or even overlapping the work-area, if you have items that are only half-way on the page. You can add as many grids onto a design as you want, and can place a smaller one over a big one, or place a larger one behind, fitting onto any of the lines of that grid. You can also just keep it on the side to determine heights and widths of fonts, margins and any objects on a page.

Here's the first draft of my golden grid:

The grid can also be used in a ratio such as 2:1 like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors